Position: Business Development Specialist for Land Conservation Project
Organization: Coggins Conservation Project (CCP)
Purpose of Position: Lead business planning and fundraising efforts for local land conservation project
Compensation: $10,000-$12,000 for 3 months with the possibility of renewal
Duties & Responsibilities:
Business Plan – To develop a conceptual business plan for proposed land conservation efforts and uses of the conservancy on the Coggins Farm, a 169 acre tract of land in the Riceville Valley, seven miles from Asheville, NC.
● Propose viable and sustainable land and farm programming opportunities that will support the land long-term (e.g. hospitality, event planning, rentals, farm production, agricultural education, recreational camp, community theatre, artist lofts)
● Define how the greater community can benefit
● Demonstrate how conservation-based programming can be profitable
● Define how financial responsibilities and requirements will be met
● Define how community partners, local organizations, or educational institutes can participate in the programs and what their relationship to the land would be
● Define how the conservation and proposed programs would co-exist with a planned housing development on the property
Identify Strategic Partnerships or Individuals – Establish and organize a planning committee to expand the conservation efforts and raise community awareness and buy-in. Identify local strategic thinkers who could attend a series of planning meetings that will be scheduled, organized and facilitated by you. Gather feedback and reports from each session. Identify a non-profit organization that can partner with the CCP to assist with attaining 501c-3 status.
Networking & Fundraising Plan – Identify individuals or organizations with access to funding for the purpose of meeting costs involved in appraisal and/or purchase of conservation acreage.
Public Relations – Collaborate with the CCP’s media & web design partner to keep the Coggins Conservation Project message and PR materials streamlined and accessible through various media outlets.
The Business Development Specialist would report to the Campaign Director of the Coggins Conservation Project. This position will be held for 3 months at 20-25 hours/week, but may be renewed if position proves to be a necessity to the ongoing conservation efforts. Please contact us if you have questions or thoughts about this position.
About Coggins Conservation Project:
The Coggins Conservation Project is a local conservation group that is working to implement a conservation easement on Coggins Farm, a 169 acre tract of land 7 miles outside of Asheville, as well as identify additional conservation opportunities in the area. The CCP serves as a platform for community members to come together to support the preservation of farmland and open space throughout Riceville and the greater Asheville area.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com